Ok, going to get a bit nerdy on ya… but the race to digital dominance is on!!!! Fashion Forward Digital amazingly brought together fashion brand leaders, digital influencers, and wickedly intelligent people discussing fashion brands’ digital work yesterday in NYC. Can I just say – it’s about freakin’ time!!! Digital is crucial to the fashion retail world and I love that its importance is being highlighted. Albeit, I was not there physically, Twitter was so kind to update me all day with thoughtful tweety insights. So, partially as a reminder to myself and partially hoping this helps others, I’ve pulled out key “nuggets” (see below) from the #FFD hashtag and collected my fav tweets!
2011 Fashion Forward Digital Insights
- Engagement just isn’t key, conversations are too.
- Don’t be afraid of content platforms – find new ways to connect and story-tell through. Right now, the hot tamales are Pinterest, Tumblr, Instagram, etc.
- Partner with the right people who make sense for your brand vision and understand that it’s an investment on both parts – treat them well, you’re a team – ya know?
- Story-tell in every way – images, words, motion – let people know who your brand is, don’t just showcase or push your product.
- Make use of content, social media platforms, and feedback to evaluate your sales funnel and tweak what gets discovered, discussed, and ultimately decided on (aka purchased).
See… don’t you want to be here too? If only just to hang out with the Man Repeller and Lala, but so many good convos going on and sooo much to learn. I’m really hoping that I can make it there for the next get together!