So this isn’t rocket science and a lot of us already know it, but…I thought these were some good reminders and wanted to re-post from SmartBlog Social Media. Sometimes a little reminder never hurts, right?
5 Tips for optimizing content for social media:
- Put time and effort into header images that catch the eye — use images whenever posting to social platforms
- Brainstorm two blog titles: one which is optimized for SEO (long-tail keyword) and another which is more appealing on social (short, intriguing, eye-catching). Use the first on your site and the other when promoting.
- Get the technical details right: Edit for grammar, spelling and broken links. Use link shorteners like bitly, and keep posts short on all platforms (as shorter posts get higher engagement)
- Ensure post has a hook and a call-to-action: Try a question and “Read more”
- Encourage comments and REPLY TO THEM
(Image Via TheFashionCloud.com)